Sunday, November 12, 2006

Fireworks

I mentioned last week that I had some fireworks shots that I thought were pretty useless. Well they are as far as pictures of fireworks go. Far too low an aperture selected for anyone who is interested in why - I stupidly thought I'd keep it as low as possible to enable me to keep the shutter speed up as I had no tripod so was hand-holding. The upshot of that is that there's no focus as all, no definition to any of the sparkly trails of burning chemicals. I'll know better for next year!

Anyway, some of the shots are interesting none-the-less. If you ignore the fact that they are actually fireworks, it looks like I was doing some weird experiments with fibre optic cables in the dark, or maybe with some previously undiscovered luminescent flowers.

So, here are the 'best' of a bad bunch.

 
 

No comments: