Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Happy Brithday 'where I live'!

Just a regular winter (yes winter has arrived now) morning - get up in the dark, get dressed in the dark, wrap up warm and walk to the station in the dark to catch the train to work.

Only this morning, as I was standing on the platform waiting for the 0749 a strange thing occurred: fireworks! Lots of them. Before I saw them I heard them - thought there might be a war on that no-one had told me about. Then I noticed the lights and flashes to go with the bangs and wondered if another factory was on fire somewhere.

Turns out the town I live in, Milton Keynes, is officially 40 years old today. Hurrah! I don't tend to pay much attention to local events - its really just a convenient place to live where we can afford a decent house not too far from a quick rail connection to London - which is maybe why I didn't know about any of this.

The BBC has it covered of course. Just in case you have a hankering for seeing more of the famous concrete cows (sorry, another Wikipedia reference), here are a couple of my own shots of the petrified bovine herd from a while back.



No comments: