Friday, August 17, 2007

Matthew Has Arrived

A while back I mentioned that I was soon to become a father. Well that day arrived on Monday with the arrival of Matthew Christopher (which might help to explain the lack of posts in the last week - been a little busy).

After a bit of um-ing and ah-ing about whether he really wanted to be born on the 13th, or try to leave it for a few more hours, he decided he would enter the world on his exact due date after all - looks like he has his dad's sense of punctuality at least. Lets just hope he doesn't suffer from paraskavedekatriaphobia. I've also been told by a number of people that he has my nose, but I don't see it myself.

I guess there will be many more posts in the coming months with photos of my little boy, but for now here are the first couple - one taken just after we got him back from hospital on Tuesday and the other on Wednesday.


 
Nikon D200, Sigma 30mm f/1.4
1/60sec, f/3.2, ISO-800                                 1/100sec, f/1.4, flash

6 comments:

Livingsword said...

Very cute baby with an excellent choice of name (Xavier not withstanding, pronounced X-evier of course, did Matthew get it as a middle name?).

Congratulations to you and mom, on my blog I asked you who your favorite artist is, I am guessing it is going to be Matthews finger painting :)

How’s the sleep?

Take care, my friend, and once again congratulations.

Denise said...

Congratulations and welcome to the new baby.

TJ said...

Such a beautiful boy!! Congratulations

Dave Licence said...

Thanks all,
his middle name is Christopher - we decided to use Xavier for a teddy bear :-)

Unknown said...

Congratulations.

He's cute. Very cute.

Hope he brings lots of ahppiness.

Livingsword said...

Excellent middle name! You are off to a great start as parents! Must be a very cool teddy bear, or Xavier bear?