Saturday, September 29, 2007

No Parking

This appeared sometime in the last week and I spotted it the following day on my walk to the train station on the way to work.

It is perhaps most pointless set of double yellow lines I have ever seen. OK, so it is next to a driveway and it is opposite the (footpath) entrance to a church, but this is a tiny road and here is the only stretch with any form of road markings.

Either a resident has taken it on themselves to police highway code item 243 or our local council doesn't have enough to worry about.

Made me chuckle anyway.

1 comment:

Livingsword said...

You just knew I was going to check out the church building…very pretty building…

…along with a very pretty road…at least part of your commute is pleasant (although when we see things everyday they have a tendency to lose their charm, strange creatures us humans).

Are you sure the double yellow line is not saying this sidewalk is a not a passing lane? :)

Dave;

I am having a simulblog (called Graffiti) on my Life on the Blade blog and I would love to get your comment on the article if you are willing, of course all of your other guests are also invited :)