Sunday, June 24, 2007

Donnington Moto GP - Edwards vs. Stoner

Today I went up to Donnington for the British Moto GP (and managed to stay mainly dry despite the rain). You may have seen some bike racing on the TV, but until you actually go you can't really understand how LOUD the bikes are. Its an amazing experience.

Over the next few posts I will be showing some of my photos from today, all taken from the inside of the track, with a view towards the Esses and Goddards corners. Some of them will look a little blurry and I apologise for that - I was standing behind a chain-link fence.

The main battle of the race was between Colin Edwards and Casey Stoner. Edwards started in pole position and had a good start, while Stoner started fifth and didn't get a good launch. However, within a couple of laps Stoner was back up to the front and the following few laps saw him battling for an overtake. Eventually he got it and Edwards could do nothing to catch the Ducati.

Here's a shot taken while Edwards still had the lead.


Nikon 80-400 VR at 400mm, 1/640sec, f/10

1 comment:

Livingsword said...

You don't fool me I saw that race at Knight and Kingsway!

The fence adds a rather sophisticated veiled appearance.