Sunday, July 29, 2007

Arachnophobia

I was busy the other day with some DIY - putting together some new furniture - when I noticed a spot on the wall ... only small but it hadn't been there before. I guess it depends on the size of your monitor, but the spot was probably not much bigger than this O.

As I got closer I realised it was a spider. I'm not a big fan of spiders, but I don't mind them too much - just don't want them crawling over me. This one looked friendly enough though, so I thought I'd get in closer for a better look.

I could be wrong, so excuse me if I'm mistaken, but I think this is a jumping spider - they are the most common type of spider in the world though so maybe that's a safe assumption to make. It never moved while I was watching it though - let alone leap in the air - so I can't confirm that.


Nikon 105mm VR, 1/60sec, f/20, SB-600

7 comments:

Livingsword said...

This brought back memories of the first couple of images you posted to this blog. I think you are correct in that it seems to be a jumping spider, I am alright as long as it does not jump on me or shoot web into my eyes (don’t ask). To small to cause to much horror, we had one two inches across in the house yesterday.

Anonymous said...

my word! they have tiny evil little eyes! never seen a small spider this close up. he looks like he's getting ready to pounce..... (nice pic by the way!)

Livingsword said...

Dave;
Would you post something else so I don’t have to be greeted by Mr.IAmGoingToShootWebInYourEyes every time I come to your blog!

Dave Licence said...

hehe - sorry didn't realise it was such a problem :-)
I have nothing new to post at the moment - I'll have to dig out something.

Livingsword said...

No problem, you have no idea how difficult it is being a red ruffed lemur and feeling this way about spiders…I mean they are everywhere out here!

abhijit said...

Cool picture

Miss Trashahassee said...

Dave! Dave!

That ain't no jumpin' spider!

That's a pole-vaultin' spider, the second most common type of spider in the world.

They don't like it when you confuse 'em with those other spiders. They get real mad and have been known to go around and beat confused peoples with their poles.

Hope you don't make that mistake again.

Watch your back, OK?

BFF,
Miss T