Thursday, July 26, 2007

Splash (staged attempt)

My last post about trying to capture a rain drop as it hit the ground reminded me of a similar shot I got a couple of years ago. I had just got my first digital SLR and was playing around - so this shot was staged in a pan in the kitchen sink with the tap dripping constantly. I think I only took ten or so attempts to get this one and it turned out lovely. That time I did pop the flash so froze the action completely.

Nikon 18-70mm at 70mm, 1/500sec, f/16, flash

5 comments:

Livingsword said...

It really is quite a bit like those Budweiser beer commercials when it makes a liquid “crown” on top of the bottle! Although perhaps it is more of a tiara…

Simply Bananas said...

Great photo, really enjoyed seeing it.

KSHIPPYCHIC said...

I have tried and tried and never really been successful at catching the drops like that - it's one of those things that completely eludes me! :) Awsome pic you got!

genderist said...

Awesome shot!

Anonymous said...

Great capture, perfect splash!

Phideas

http://www.6180339887.com