Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Splash

What with all the rain we've been having in the UK recently there hasn't been the opportunity for rambles outdoors to capture nice summer images. So, instead, one day last week while the rain was hammering down on the conservatory roof I sat just inside the door for a while and attempted to get a shot of the raindrops splashing onto the patio outside.

This really is just pot-luck - its very difficult to time a shot like this: by the time you register a moment it's gone. It's simply a case of firing off a load of shots and reviewing them later.

So, how did I do? Not great - this image was the best of over one hundred clicks, and the drop is just out of focus. Next time will be better - and maybe I'll remember to use a flash.


Nikon 18-200mm VR at 200mm, 1/90sec, f/5.6

2 comments:

Livingsword said...

Sort of reminds me of the very start of the opening of the worm hole on DS9. I have been following the situation in the UK closely; I hope you and yours are well.

Did you hear about the major oil spill in Burnaby? It made it into the inlet…

Dave Licence said...

We're all OK where we are - high street at one of the nearby towns was flooded, but not too bad. Could be a lot worse.

I didn't hear about the oil spill before - just been reading about it though. Sounds bad, but that could have been worse too. I used to walk down that way quite a lot though - there's a little park you can stroll through which overlooks the inlet. Nice and peaceful place to spend an afternoon.