Thursday, August 30, 2007

Roses

My wife received some roses last week for (nearly) being a bridesmaid at her friend's wedding. I appropriated them for a short time for some photos.

The spiral pattern you get with the opening petals is quite cool to look at, but - even better - they seem to have their own inner light making the centre brighter, which I can't explain. This can be seen especially well in the image below but the photo on the right is my favourite.






Nikon D200, AF-S 105mm Micro VR
1/200sec, f/14, ISO-200

Nikon D200, AF-S 105mm Micro VR
1/80sec, f/16, ISO-200

Lastly, thanks to LivingSword for nominating this blog for the following award.

8 comments:

Livingsword said...

Dave;

Wow I had to open and close them several times each to compare them. It is very difficult to choose between the two of them. Are they the same rose? They look the same but also so different in the way you shot them.

That award looks like it fits in quite comfortably! It is very well earned.
Just don’t expect roses from me :)

By the way thanks for the tip on my blog I added two new articles because of it!

Dave Licence said...

Thanks for the comment. I think they are different roses - there was a whole bunch of them and I was shooting all around.

Sorry for the lack of comments on your posts as you put them up - I am still reading, but am having to find the time, so am only reading a bunch at a time.

Livingsword said...

Dave;

The way the light comes off the roses really is dreamlike for lack of a better word. I like the way I can look right into the heart of the bottom rose but the top one is very appealing because of the play of the light.

No worries on the comment thing, I have published a lot in the past 10 days or so, besides you are a guest I don’t expect comments, yet I have to say I always look forward to your comments they often make my day, weird eh?

KSHIPPYCHIC said...

I love the top one the most! They are so pretty. I adore photographing flowers, and I keep my eyes open constantly for unusual ones. Haven't found too many lately with the end of summer coming on.

Livingsword said...

I’m getting off the fence and also picking the top one, very special shot.

Anonymous said...

I like the soft tones and the framing.

Anonymous said...

That is lovely!

Anonymous said...

I like the top one the most the composition is great