Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Resolutions

I've been tagged by Neil after he created his own little meme. Neil wants to know what my New Year's Resolutions are. Normally I don't make resolutions, but this year I have.

I must first apologise to others that have tagged me where I haven't (yet) responded, but this one needs doing now if it's to be done at all. So, without further ado, here are my five:
  • Fix the lights - we have two sets of lights in our living room at home and one of them has been broken for, literally, years. It's time to get them sorted out.

  • Fix the boiler - our boiler currently has a problem and stops working when it gets hot. Not a good thing for a boiler. 'Rebooting' it seems to fix it for a time, but I resolve not to let this turn into another broken lights situation.

  • Get a bit fitter - ah look ... my third resolution is almost a direct copy of Neil's third.

  • Drink less - I don't tend to binge drink (except maybe when on a night out, but that doesn't happen often), but I do tend to have a drink almost every evening. I think I should probably reduce this a little. Doing this might also help with the previous resolution.

  • Do better next time - ah, a cop out - I only have four real resolutions, whereas the challenge was to create five. This is just one example of how bad I am when tagged. Next time I'll try harder.

4 comments:

Livingsword said...

LOL

Hey Dave…if you don’t fix the light you may not notice you need to get in better shape…LOL

Fluids besides water can just create havoc on the body. When I started my fitness kick one of the few dietary things I changed was I went to water for dinner forgoing my usual juice, huge difference, and cheaper. I have the odd drink but not enough to cause any affect, more for the taste when dining with friends and extended family; it sort of makes it more of a “special event”. LOL

High quality chocolate is my struggle…that’s what I get for having a wife with German heritage!!! LOL

Actually speaking of my wife….if I took that long to repair something like that she would do it! Probably better than me also!!! LOL LOL

New years resolutions are like work out machines….they are only any good if you apply them…LOL

I was tagged with a similar meme…..hmmm maybe I could just clip and paste yours…LOL

By the way sorry I am late getting over things have been quite busy on both my blogs…

Livingsword said...

Hi Dave;

I hope all is well with you and yours…

Dave Licence said...

Hi LS,
a nice coincidence - I log into my Gmail account this morning for the first time in ages and there's a message there saying you've left a comment :-)
All is well with the Licences thanks, and I'm sorry for the lack of new posts here and visits to your site - I'm hoping to spend some time this weekend catching up. Snow is apparently on the way to the UK and this place goes to pot when that happens so I'll stay indoors in front of a nice warm PC :-)
Hope all is good with you and CG too - I see CG has posted some new photos, but I can't see them from work so will definitely drop by tomorrow!
Dave

KSHIPPYCHIC said...

Hope yer ok in there! Didn't get buried in the snow did you????? :)